In a Nutshell:
In 2008, professional freeskier Nico Zacek introduced the innovative Nine Knights event concept which was exactly what the freeski world needed. Following its success, Nine Queens was created in 2011 for female athletes in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, Austria, the same year that Nine Knights MTB was added on as a platform for the top level freeride mountain bikers to showcase their skills. In 2014, the Nine Queens invited snowboard athletes to join them and the Knights followed suite in 2015. For the first time in Suzuki Nine Knights history, the men and women will come together on one event in 2017: the Suzuki Nine Royals.
Some of our most memorable moments:
- 2016 David Wise and Christian Haller set the new official world records for Highest air on a hip in skiing and snowboarding
- 2015 Snowboarders at Suzuki Nine Knights
- 2014 Jesper Tjäder (SWE) performs a jaw dropping “stuntman jump” flying 5om over a half pipe starting from one kicker to the landing on another kicker. VIDEO
- 2014 Luca Schuler turns heads by landing a perfect 1080, an incredibly progressive and technical trick, mastered only by a few, or possibly only by the young swiss athlete.
- 2014 Opening up the Night Time Photo Shoot to public saw 4000 spectators make their way up to the Mottolino Fun Mountain in starlight to watch the athletes putting on a unique show at the lit up castle.
- 2013 18-year old Lisa Zimmerman (GER) lands a double cork 1260 in the competition, a textbook demonstration of freeski mastery, and a world first. VIDEO
- 2013 French Mountain biker Antoine Bizet innovates the MTB world with a double backflip on a downhill bike. VIDEO
- 2013 Andi Wittmann (GER) performs the highest natural hip jump ever seen on a mountain bike reaching 5.60m at Livigno, Mottolino. VIDEO
- 2011 Nine Queens sees Kaya Tursky (CAN) land a world’s first Switch 1080 preformed by a female. VIDEO
- 2010 Teddy Berr (GER) performs a huge NAKED 50m super man Front Flip, instantly receiving fame around the globe. Due to the decreased air resistance he over-shot the landing, certainly receiving some ice burn. VIDEO.